Hello, dear readers! Today, I am beyond excited to share a recipe that marries two of my favorite things: puff pastry and chocolate. That’s right, we’re making Rich Chocolate Croissants Made Simple with Puff Pastry. These indulgent treats are easy to make but taste like you spent hours in a patisserie. Let’s get baking!
- 1 package (about 17 ounces) of frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 large bar of your favorite chocolate (I suggest a high-quality dark chocolate for a rich flavor)
- 1 egg (for egg wash)
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- First, preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. This will prevent our croissants from sticking to the tray.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the puff pastry into a large rectangle. With a sharp knife or pizza cutter, cut the pastry into long triangles. You should be able to get 6-8 triangles from each sheet of puff pastry.
- Now, break your chocolate bar into small rectangular pieces. Place a piece of chocolate at the wide base of each pastry triangle.
- Carefully roll the triangle from the wide end towards the pointed end, wrapping the chocolate inside the pastry. Curve the ends of the pastry inward to create the classic croissant shape.
- Once all your croissants are shaped and filled, beat your egg in a small bowl and brush the tops of the croissants with the egg wash. This will give them a beautifully shiny, golden finish.
- Arrange your croissants on the prepared baking sheet and bake for about 15-20 minutes, or until they’re puffed up and golden brown.
- Let your croissants cool slightly before dusting them with a generous sprinkle of powdered sugar.
And there you have it – Rich Chocolate Croissants made simple with puff pastry. These pastries are decadently chocolatey, delightfully flaky, and oh-so-delicious. They’re a true treat for any occasion. Happy baking!
Un Seattle Gourmand