Hello, dear readers! Today, I’m excited to share with you an exquisite recipe: Luscious Lobster Newburg in Puff Pastry Cups. This dish elevates any meal to a luxurious experience with its combination of succulent lobster and creamy sauce, all nestled in a light, flaky puff pastry cup. Let’s dive in!
- 1 package (about 17 ounces) of frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 pound of cooked lobster meat, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1/2 cup of dry sherry
- 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- Freshly chopped parsley for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C) and lightly grease a muffin tin.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out your thawed puff pastry. Cut into squares large enough to fit into the cups of your muffin tin. Press the pastry squares into the tin, and then prick the bottoms with a fork to prevent puffing during baking.
- Bake the pastry cups in your preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until golden and puffed. Then, remove from the oven and let them cool.
- In the meantime, heat the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the lobster meat and sauté until just heated through, about 2 minutes. Remove the lobster from the skillet and set aside.
- Deglaze the skillet with the sherry, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom. Lower the heat and stir in the cream.
- Slowly add a bit of the hot cream mixture to your beaten egg yolks, whisking constantly to temper the eggs. Then, slowly pour the egg yolk mixture back into the skillet, whisking constantly.
- Cook the mixture over low heat, stirring continuously, until it thickens into a creamy sauce. Season with paprika, salt, and white pepper.
- Return the lobster meat to the skillet and stir until coated with the sauce and heated through.
- Spoon the lobster Newburg into the prepared puff pastry cups. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley and serve immediately.
And there you have it – Luscious Lobster Newburg in Puff Pastry Cups! This dish is a delightful mix of comfort and luxury, perfect for a special occasion or when you’re simply in the mood to treat yourself. Enjoy, and happy cooking!
Un Seattle Gourmand