Hello, dear readers! Today, I have a delightfully balanced treat to share with you – Sweet and Savory: Pear and Gorgonzola Puff Pastry Tarts. These tarts pair the creaminess of Gorgonzola with the sweetness of pears, all nestled in a flaky puff pastry tart. Let’s get started!
- 1 package (about 17 ounces) of frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 ripe pears, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 cup of Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup of honey
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh thyme leaves for garnish
- Start by preheating your oven to 375°F (190°C) and lining a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out your thawed puff pastry. Cut the pastry into 8 equal rectangles.
- Score a small border around the edge of each pastry rectangle with a sharp knife, being careful not to cut all the way through. This will allow the border to puff up and hold in your filling.
- Prick the center of each rectangle with a fork to prevent it from puffing up during baking.
- Arrange the sliced pears on each pastry rectangle, staying within the scored border. Top the pears with the crumbled Gorgonzola cheese.
- Drizzle each tart with a bit of honey, and sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper.
- Bake your tarts in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the pastry is puffed and golden.
- Allow your tarts to cool slightly, then garnish with fresh thyme leaves before serving.
And there you have it – Sweet and Savory: Pear and Gorgonzola Puff Pastry Tarts! These tarts are a perfect blend of flavors and a delightful treat to serve at brunch, as an appetizer, or even as a dessert with a glass of your favorite wine. Enjoy, and happy baking!
Un Seattle Gourmand