Hello, dear readers! Today, I’m sharing with you a comforting, crowd-pleasing recipe: Hearty Sausage Rolls Encased in Puff Pastry. This savory treat is perfect for a hearty snack, an appetizer, or even a main course with a side salad. Let’s get started!
- 1 package (about 17 ounces) of frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 pound of quality sausage meat
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg (for egg wash)
- Sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the sausage meat, onion, garlic, parsley, thyme, salt, and pepper. Mix well until all the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out your thawed puff pastry into a large rectangle, then cut it in half lengthwise.
- Divide the sausage mixture in two and shape each half into a long log. Place each log along the length of each pastry half.
- Carefully roll the pastry over the sausage, sealing it with a little water if needed.
- Cut each roll into smaller pieces, according to your desired size. I usually aim for about 2-inch pieces.
- Transfer your sausage rolls onto the prepared baking sheet, seam side down.
- Beat the egg in a small bowl, then brush the pastry with the egg wash. Sprinkle with sesame seeds if desired.
- Bake in your preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the pastry is puffed and golden, and the sausage is cooked through.
And there you have it – Hearty Sausage Rolls Encased in Puff Pastry! These savory delights are perfect for any occasion, from casual get-togethers to festive parties. Enjoy, and happy baking!
Un Seattle Gourmand