Hello, dear readers! I’m beyond excited to share with you a special treat today: Perfectly Pleasing Puff Pastry Pumpkin Pie. This dish takes the classic comfort of pumpkin pie and adds an elegant twist with a puff pastry crust. It’s a delightful mix of tradition and innovation that will impress at any gathering. So let’s get baking!
- 1 package (about 17 ounces) of frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 can (15 ounces) of pumpkin puree
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 3/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- Start by preheating your oven to 375°F (190°C) and lightly greasing a 9-inch pie dish.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out your thawed puff pastry. Transfer it to your prepared pie dish, trimming any excess and crimping the edges as desired. Place this in the fridge to chill while we prepare our pumpkin filling.
- In a large bowl, mix together the pumpkin puree, heavy cream, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, and salt. Ensure everything is well combined and your mixture is smooth.
- Retrieve your pie dish from the fridge, and pour the pumpkin mixture into the puff pastry shell. Make sure it’s evenly distributed.
- Bake your pie in the preheated oven for 40-50 minutes, or until the puff pastry is golden and the filling is set. You can test this by inserting a knife into the filling – if it comes out clean, your pie is ready!
- Allow your pumpkin pie to cool completely before serving. This will ensure the filling has set and you get clean slices.
And there you have it – the Perfectly Pleasing Puff Pastry Pumpkin Pie! This pie is a delightfully festive dessert that brings together the fluffy, flaky texture of puff pastry with the classic warmth of a pumpkin pie. It’s perfect for holiday gatherings or simply a comforting dessert. Enjoy, and happy baking!