Hey, dear readers! I’m absolutely thrilled to share with you today a brunch recipe that’s as tasty as it is gorgeous – Breezy Brunch: Prosciutto Asparagus Puff Pastry Twists. These savory, flaky twists, loaded with prosciutto and asparagus, make an impressive addition to any brunch spread. So let’s get cooking!
- 1 bunch of fresh asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1 package (about 17 ounces) of frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 8-10 slices of prosciutto
- 1 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg (for egg wash)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Start by preheating your oven to 400°F (200°C) and lining a baking sheet with parchment paper. This will help ensure our twists don’t stick.
- Roll out your thawed puff pastry on a lightly floured surface into a large rectangle. Cut the pastry in half lengthwise to create two long rectangles.
- Arrange slices of prosciutto on each pastry rectangle, leaving a small border around the edges. Then, sprinkle a generous amount of grated Parmesan cheese on top of the prosciutto.
- Press the asparagus spears into the puff pastry, alternating the tips and ends from one side to the other. Make sure the spears are half-submerged in the pastry.
- Slice the pastry between each spear, creating individual strips. Then, gently twist each strip a few times, being careful not to let the asparagus fall out.
- Transfer your twists onto the prepared baking sheet. Beat the egg in a small bowl and brush the pastry part of each twist with the egg wash. This gives them a nice, golden shine.
- Season the twists with a sprinkle of salt and pepper, then bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the pastry is puffed and golden, and the asparagus is tender.
And there you have it! Your Breezy Brunch: Prosciutto Asparagus Puff Pastry Twists are ready to be enjoyed. They’re delightfully flaky, full of flavor, and look quite stunning on a brunch table. Enjoy and happy cooking!
Un Seattle Gourmand