Hello, lovely readers! Today, I have a real treat for you all – Strawberry Cream Cheese Puff Pastry Danish Delight. These Danish pastries are perfectly flaky, filled with a luscious cream cheese and strawberry filling, and incredibly easy to make. Let’s get baking!
- 1 package (about 17 ounces) of frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 cup of fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar, divided
- 8 ounces of cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 egg (for egg wash)
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, toss the sliced strawberries with half of the granulated sugar, and let them sit for a few minutes to macerate.
- In another bowl, combine the cream cheese, the rest of the granulated sugar, and the vanilla extract. Beat until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out your thawed puff pastry into a large rectangle. Cut the rectangle into 8 squares.
- Place a dollop of the cream cheese mixture in the center of each pastry square, then top with the macerated strawberries.
- To create the Danish shape, fold each corner of the square towards the center, pinching the corners together. They should slightly overlap over the filling.
- Transfer your Danishes onto the prepared baking sheet. Beat the egg in a small bowl, and brush the pastry part of each Danish with the egg wash.
- Bake in your preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the pastries are puffed and golden.
- Allow your Danish pastries to cool slightly, then dust with powdered sugar just before serving.
And there you have it – Strawberry Cream Cheese Puff Pastry Danish Delight! These pastries are a perfect addition to a brunch spread or a delightful afternoon snack with a cup of tea. Enjoy, and happy baking!
Un Seattle Gourmand