Hello everyone! Today, I want to share with you my favorite way to start the day – Croissant Breakfast Sandwiches. These are a little bit fancy, incredibly delicious, and surprisingly simple to make. Trust me, these are going to be a huge hit at your breakfast table.
- 4 fresh croissants
- 8 slices of bacon
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices of sharp cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Butter, for frying
- Fresh spinach leaves or arugula (optional)
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced (optional)
- First, I start by cooking the bacon. I lay the bacon slices on a large skillet and cook them over medium heat until they’re crispy. This usually takes about 6-8 minutes. Then, I remove the bacon slices and place them on a paper towel to drain.
- In the same skillet, I drain most of the bacon fat, leaving just a little for the eggs to soak up some of that wonderful flavor.
- I crack the eggs into the skillet one at a time, being careful not to break the yolks. I sprinkle a little salt and pepper over the eggs. I cook them on low heat until the whites are set but the yolks are still a bit runny. This usually takes about 3-4 minutes.
- While the eggs are cooking, I slice the croissants in half horizontally. I prefer to lightly toast them, so I pop them in the toaster oven for a few minutes until they’re slightly golden and crispy.
- Now, it’s time to assemble the sandwiches. On the bottom half of each croissant, I place a slice of sharp cheddar cheese, two slices of bacon, one fried egg, a few spinach leaves or arugula if I’m in the mood for some greens, and a few slices of avocado if I want some creaminess. Then I top it off with the other half of the croissant.
- Finally, I serve the sandwiches while they’re still warm. A fresh cup of coffee is the perfect companion to these heavenly breakfast treats.
And there you have it – my favorite Croissant Breakfast Sandwiches. They’re a bit decadent, packed full of flavor, and a wonderful treat for any morning. Give them a try, and let me know what you think!
Un Seattle Gourmand