Hi everyone! Today I’m going to share with you a recipe that’s perfect for brunch, or even a comforting dinner – Ham and Swiss Croissant Casserole. This dish combines buttery croissants, flavorful ham, and melty Swiss cheese all baked into a rich, creamy casserole. It’s easy to prepare, and absolutely delicious, so let’s get started.
- 4 large croissants, torn into pieces
- 2 cups of diced cooked ham
- 2 cups of shredded Swiss cheese
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups of whole milk
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chopped fresh chives or parsley for garnish
- The first thing I do is preheat my oven to 375°F (190°C) and lightly grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- I spread the torn croissant pieces evenly across the bottom of the baking dish. I then layer the diced ham over the croissants and sprinkle the shredded Swiss cheese on top. I love the combination of ham and Swiss – it’s classic and always delicious.
- In a large bowl, I whisk together the eggs, milk, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper. I like to whisk until everything is well combined and the mixture is slightly frothy.
- Next, I pour the egg mixture over the croissants, ham, and cheese in the baking dish. I usually press down lightly with a fork to make sure all of the croissant pieces are soaked in the egg mixture.
- Now it’s time to bake! I put the casserole in the preheated oven and bake it for about 40-45 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the egg mixture is set.
- Once it’s done, I remove the casserole from the oven and let it stand for about 5-10 minutes. This makes it easier to cut into servings.
- Finally, I sprinkle the casserole with some chopped fresh chives or parsley for a bit of color and freshness. And voila! It’s ready to serve.
There you have it – my Ham and Swiss Croissant Casserole recipe. It’s a great way to use up leftover ham, and it’s always a crowd-pleaser. I hope you and your loved ones enjoy this dish as much as my family does. Enjoy!
Un Seattle Gourmand