Hello, lovely readers! Today, I want to share a recipe that’s near and dear to my heart – Heavenly Ham and Cheese Puff Pastry Pockets. These delicious pockets are not only easy to make but also wonderfully versatile – perfect for a quick lunch, a light dinner, or a great addition to your party menu. So, let’s get right into it!
See Also: Chicken Pot Pie – John Wheeler
- 1 package (about 17 ounces) of frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 cup of finely chopped cooked ham
- 1 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup of finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 egg (for egg wash)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- First, preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. This ensures your pockets won’t stick to the pan.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out one sheet of the thawed puff pastry into a large rectangle. With a sharp knife or pizza cutter, cut the pastry into equal squares – about 4×4 inches each.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the chopped ham, shredded cheese, and fresh parsley. Season this filling with a little salt and black pepper, but remember, the ham is already quite salty, so go easy on the additional salt.
- Next, the fun part – filling your pastry squares. Spoon a portion of the ham and cheese mixture onto one side of each pastry square, being careful not to overfill. It’s important to leave room around the edges to seal your pockets.
- Now, beat your egg in a small bowl and brush the edges of your pastry squares with the egg wash. This not only helps to seal the edges, but it also gives your pastry that beautiful golden-brown finish.
- Fold each square over the filling to form a triangle or a rectangle, whichever you prefer, pressing the edges together to seal. Then crimp the edges with a fork for that extra decorative touch.
- Arrange your filled pockets on the prepared baking sheet. Brush the tops with more of that egg wash – this is what gives our pockets their heavenly golden glow.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until your pockets are puffed up and golden brown. Allow them to cool slightly on the baking sheet before serving.
And voila! Your Heavenly Ham and Cheese Puff Pastry Pockets are ready to enjoy. They’re flaky, cheesy, full of flavor, and sure to be a hit at any table. Until next time, happy cooking!
Un Seattle Gourmand